Thursday, January 15, 2009

Avocado, corn and tomato salad

I found this recipe(made by Paula Deen)online a couple years ago and we love to eat it with fajitas, burritos, etc. It has a really nice fresh flavor and keeps well if you need to serve it to a crowd picnic style!

Avocado, Corn and Tomato Salad

Salad:

* 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
* 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup finely diced red onion

Dressing:

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.

1 comment:

Maggie Roe said...

I have the recipe book. Send me an email and I'll reply with it. I found you from CJane and went to avacado recipes, saw the first sentence and ran to my basement to grab the CPK recipe book. It's called Dakota Smashed Pea and Barley Soup in the book.

maggie_roe@yahoo.com