Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tip of the Week: Cheaper Organic Produce

I belong to a grocery co-op called Bountiful Baskets. They provide a service completely powered by volunteers that allows people to buy produce at a substantially reduced price! You can buy a basket of regular produce for $15 per cycle(every other week) or an organic basket for $25. It's a phenomenal deal! They also offer bread baked by the local Alpine Bakery, and occasionally, they have other offerings like artisanal cheeses, fruit in bulk(I bought a case of peaches to make jam for Christmas gifts), honey, olive oil, beef, etc. I recently purchased some sprouting seeds to grow my own organic sandwich sprouts! I know how very hippie-ish of me, but I am continually looking for new ways to eat well and keep it interesting!(I will be starting a garden this spring, so I will be posting about my adventures in zucchini soon!)

If you are interested in participating in bountiful baskets, I encourage you to go to their site and check it out! Saves time and money! By the way, we are a family of three, so one basket works for us. If you have a family of 5 or more, you may want to double your contribution! bountifulbaskets.org

No comments: